Thursday, December 11, 2008

Chocolate Whatever Desert

So we had a stand-by Mormon desert at enrichment night last night. The Whatever is because I have christened many different things. I think my favorite is Louisiana Yum Yum. It is definitely something that we all know about and love. Well, at least I love it. To add a holiday twist to this standard crushed candy canes adorned the top. The best part: I got to scrape the cream cheese filling bowl after making it. The worst part: We had such good attendance (a good part) that there was none leftover. So, if this appears at any holiday type gatherings I would not be offended in the least.

Chocolate Layer Desert

1 c flour
1/2 c butter
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts

Mix and press ingredients in an 8x 11 inch pan and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c cool whip
1 c powdered sugar

Beat until smooth and spread over cooled crust.

Topping:
3 c milk
Large chocolate instant pudding mix

Make pudding according to package directions. Let set then spread cool whip on top. Finish of with walnuts or crushed candy cane on top.

No comments: