Friday, November 14, 2008

We did eat in the last month and I did cook.

Except my apology for starting this blog than abandoning it in just as quick. I vow to you that my family didn't starve and I even tried a new recipe or two. So hopefully in the up coming weeks I'll post some of those. So I decided I needed to add a monthly challenge in order to get this blog off its feet. So this month's is: favorite Thanksgiving side dish or dessert. So think of all those delicious recipes you love and post one.


Aaron is accusing me of cooking a lot of soup. Well, not really accusing as much as just saying every time we have soup,"We sure eating a lot of soup." Between you and me he likes it as much as I do. Yes, Aaron and Harris have both told the old boy scout "pea soup" joke at dinner. Very funny. Needless to say, here's another favorite.e soup of ours.


Tomato Soup


2 Tablespoons of butter

2 cups onions chopped

3 Tablespoons flour

1 (15 oz) can of crushed tomatoes

4 cups water (or broth. I use chicken or beef broth)

1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon oregano

1/2 teaspoon cumin

1 Tablespoon olive oil

2 cloves garlic minced

1 can (28 oz.) tomato sauce

3 beef bouillon cubes (if using broth skip this or cut in half)

1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon tarragon


Saute onion and garlic in butter and oil; stir in flour and cook until golden brown, stirring constantly. Blend in tomato sauce and tomatoes, crumbled bouillon cubes, water and seasonings. Simmer 30 minutes.

No comments: