Thursday, October 16, 2008

Zuppa Toscana

This is a favorite of Aaron's and mine. We now have dubbed it Chelsea Soup, named after our wonderful neighbor. Anna loves Chelsea and so to get her to eat dinner the other night, I told her we were having Chelsea soup. It didn't work perfectly but, I did have her saying "Yum! Chelsea (it kind of sounds like Chatzie when she says it) soup. So, my neighbor came up with this great soup via an Olive Garden soup. Now, I have never had the soup at Olive Garden, but I love this version.

16 oz. package of sausage
4 potatoes sliced with skins
3/4 cup chopped onion
11/2 tsp. chopped garlic
2 cups kale, washed and shredded
2 Tbsp. chicken bullion (I use chicken base..same thing)
1 qt water
1 pint heavy cream (or less)
pinch of red pepper flakes

Cook ground sausage until brown. Place onion and garlic in pot and cook until tender. Add chicken bullion, water and potatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Add kale, cream, and pepper flakes. Simmer 4 minutes more.

No comments: